Missed Jeff’s message from Sunday Nov 26? Listen here.
- How did God meet you during Sunday’s service? What did you learn? How did he speak to you?
- Read Mark 14:12-26 (the story of “The Last Supper”) together. What stands out to you from the passage?
- OPENER: Previous to Sunday’s message, what was your understanding of “communion”? What questions did you have that were answered on Sunday? What questions did Sunday’s teaching raise for you?
- PREPARATION (Verses 12-16): What’s significant about the details and instructions that Jesus provided his disciples as they went to prepare a passover meal? What does this show us about Jesus’ authority?
- CONVERSATION (Verses 17-21): Jesus warned his disciples that one of them would betray him, which led them all to wonder if it would be them. What does this show us about ours sinful condition and potential for betraying Jesus?
- THE MEAL (Verses 22-26): Discuss the significance of the bread and the wine and all that they represent. What makes ‘communion’ so significant to our faith?
- Consider partaking in communion together as a Home Church. Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-30 together. Leave some space for each person to ‘examine’ themselves. Go around the room and have each person share what the bread and the wine means to them.