Missed Sunday October 15th’s message? Listen here.
- How did God speak to you on Sunday? What was your main takeaway from the message?
- Prior to Sunday’s message, what is something that you would have said is the most important rule/commandment to God? Why?
- Read Mark 12:28-34 together. What stands out to you the most from this passage? Why?
- On Sunday, Jeff talked about how “The Great Commandment” in Mark 12 is not two separate commandments, but one commandment with two parts. What’s significant about that distinction? What are some of the practical implications for us? (See 1 John 4:20)
- Jeff said that, “If we love as God invites us to love, then all the other rules & commandments in the Bible will take care of themselves” (see Matthew 22:40). Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
- Read John 15:12-13 together. How does Jesus define love? How is this different from how our culture typical understands and defines live?
- How should seeing Jesus on the cross as our ultimate example of ‘love’ shape the way we love God and the way we love people? (give some specific/practical examples to both)
- At the conclusion of the message, Jeff shared two reflection questions:
- How can I love GOD more fully? (With all my heart, soul, mind and strength?) Practically, what is one thing I can do this week to grow in that love?
- Who is the NEIGHBOUR in my life God is calling me to love? Practically, what does that look like for me this week?
- How did/would you answer both of these questions?
- Spend some time in prayer together as a Home Church. Pray that God would teach us to “Love God” and to “Love People” well.
For reference (from Sunday’s Message):